- NYCFC has finally played the same amount of Home and Away games, and we’re as closes as can be to the season halfway point while that first point is true. So I played a bit with league-wide Home/Away splits. In the end, I’m not sure this tells us too much of substance so I probably won’t keep it up regularly, but here are some highlights.
- NYC not only has the best Home record and PPG in the league at 2.75, it has the largest GD (+17), most Home goals (21), tied for lowest Home GA (4), and adjusted per game the highest Goals/g at 2.63 and tied for lowest GA/g at 0.50, and therefore also highest GD/g at +2.13.
- Away, NYC is tied for 7th best Away PPG at 1.13, tied for 13th best GD at -6, tied for 7th best Away Goals at 11, 17th in the league with 17 GA, and adjusted per game tied for 8th best Goals For/g at 1.38 and 14th best GA/g at 2.13. NYC’s Away GD/g of -0.75 is 14th in the league.
- NYC’s Home GD exceeds its Away GD by 23 which tops the league. The same is true for the H/A GD/g split of 2.88. NYC’s H/A PPG differential of 1.62 is second to RSL at 1.88. RSL achieved this mostly due to its 0.50 Away PPG.
- Atlanta is the only team with a better Away PPG, with 2.13 Away and 1.89 at Home. Oddly, Atlanta’s Away GD is only +3 due to losing their first game Away 0-4 in Houston.
- San Jose is alone with a better Away GD/g than Home, but both are negative, and San Jose still has a better Home record than it does Away.
You are here: / / NYCFC Weekly Updates By The Numbers – MLS Week 17.5 June 28, 2018
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.