- NYC PPG when Jason Kries is a head coach for the game: 1.06.
- IMO it is time to retire the Road Warrior nickname, at least temporarily. NYC has earned only 5 points in the last 6 games, and only 2 in the last 4. Also, the home PPG is now higher than the road PPG. 1.54 to 1.50. There are 3 games left to earn it back. We might not even finish with the best road record in the league if we don’t turn it around. We have 21 road points but Toronto has 19 and Dallas 17.
- 1 point out of a possible 9 against Orlando this year.
- Yesterday I was bullish on Supporters Shield, now it seems a fantasy. We’re 7 points behind Dallas with 7 to play; 2 points behind Colorado who has 2 games in hand; 2 behind both Toronto and RSL also with 7 to play. Even if we start improving, that’s a lot of teams to overcome.
- Since the 4-game win streak the team is at 1.38 PPG over 8 games: 3-3-2. Due to the slump in Away results NYC is in a moderate slump overall.
- Record against the West 5-2-1 2.00 PPG
Record against the East 6-6-7 1.32 PPG.
- Playoff clinching update: there is a minimum of 6 games combined needed to clinch finishing ahead of DC. For Orlando and Columbus the number is 5. For Chicago and New England it is 4.
- With only 1 win in the last 4 games, the top few lines on the revised optimistic what-we-need-to-do chart are looking pretty iffy right now:
- With 7 games left, the projection gets less and less trustworthy as a couple of unexpected results can alter everything, but here it is for archival purposes at least:
- In sum:
- First overall is a very long shot.
- First in the East is getting a bit suspect.
- If the team does not turn around its recent road woes, they could easily drop to fourth fast.
Leave a Reply